Thursday, October 11, 2007

something different-pen with pencil!




For the past week I've really wanted to do a cutesy Halloween illustration-so I did.
I completed the ink part of it this morning. I struggled with the idea of leaving it in black and white-but my extremely fickle mind changed courses and I decided to color it in instead. It's about a fifth through the coloring process-maybe a sixth. I'm actually pretty glad that I decided to give in to my color cravings. I feel more comfortable with this piece, and so I'm going all for it with the color-thus the strong orange on the tabbie, who's our own Vinegar, and the cobalt blue on the wizard's hat.

I found some interesting Halloween pumpkins too. They're must-sees to say the least.

One huge pumpkin. In Britain, a spankin' new record.

A rather huge burger.

A fascinating WIP on a wonderfuly detailed, agonized pumpkin.

A heavy pumpkin.

An ugly but huge pumpkin. Why do they even bother making these things so huge that they practically squash themselves?

No comments: